Consultant, Veaco Group
Senior Fellow, Governance Center
Current Business Experience:
- Attorney currently consulting on corporate governance issues.
- Experienced in shaping and implementing good governance principles and practices at both for profit and nonprofit entities, with the practical perspective of one who has held both executive staff and board leadership positions.
- Associated with Veaco Group, a firm specializing in corporate governance and corporate secretary matters.
- Manager of Sorokin Family Trust Real Estate Investments in CA, WA and HI
Current Nonprofit Experience:
- Board Member and Secretary of the board of AAUW (national nonprofit)
- AAUW Board Liaison to AAUW Governance and Legal Advocacy Fund Committees, also member of AAUW Governance Committee
- Public Policy Chair, AAUW Marin (local branch of AAUW)
- President, Marin Villages (organization that helps older adults remain independent in their homes/communities)
- Tiburon Peninsula Village volunteer and steering committee member (part of Marin Villages)
- Advisory Board Member, Osher Life Long Learning Institute at Dominican (Outreach/Partnership Comm.)
- Emeritus Board Member, American Conservatory Theater
- Women, Leadership and Philanthropy Council Member (Events and Membership Committee), Dominican U.
- Treasurer, Kappa Alpha Theta Marin Alumnae
- Member YWCA of SF and Marin Development Committee
- Lead Executive Editor and author of Nonprofit Governance and Management, 3rd Ed. published by the Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals (Society) (Now called the Society for Corporate Governance) and the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association.
- Co-author with Kristina Veaco The Role of the Corporate Secretary: Facilitating Corporate Governance and the Work of Corporate Boards, published by Bloomberg BNA in 2012.
- Co-author of a number of other governance-related articles
Prior Business and Nonprofit Experience:
- Former Group Executive Vice President and Corporate Secretary of Bank of America NT&SA and BankAmerica Corporation. (First woman appointed to Secretary position)
- Former Vice President, Corporate Development, Encirq Corporation
- Former Spanish teacher (Adjunct faculty, Indiana University; public schools in Fairfield, CT and Wheaton, IL)
- Former President American Conservatory Theater, former Chair of the A.C.T. Committee on Trustees
- Former board member Pocket Opera
- Former Chair of the Corporate Practices Committee of the Society for Corporate Governance
- Former Board Member Society for Corporate Governance
- Recipient of the Bracebridge H. Young Distinguished Service Award, the Society for Corporate Governance’s highest honor, given for extraordinary contributions to the Society and the governance profession
- Former member and/or branch officer in AAUW Branches in IN, IL, CT, and CA