Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights which help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
27 Apr. 2021 | Comments (0)
Welcome to C-Suite Perspectives, a new podcast series by The Conference Board. Hosted by our President & CEO, Steve Odland, this monthly conversation will take an objective, data-driven look at a range of business topics aimed at senior executives. Listeners will come away with what The Conference Board does best: insights for what’s ahead™.
In episode one, Steve sits down with our Chief Economist, Dana Peterson. They engage on a range of timely topics on the business community’s radar, including:
- Are US Consumers Feeling Cautious or Confident? As the economy reopens and vaccinations continue, our Consumer Confidence Survey® reveals the latest pulse of America’s shoppers.
- Sizing Up the White House’s Tax & Infrastructure Plans: How would the Administration’s tax plan impact the competitiveness of US businesses? And would its $2.3 trillion infrastructure package deliver big economic benefits?
- Unpacking Global Productivity Growth: While global productivity dropped in 2020, The Conference Board projects a healthy rebound in 2021. What will it take to sustain the momentum?
- Inflation Trepidation: Companies should brace for higher inflation this year. What’s pushing prices upward? And are cost hikes here to stay?
- Remote Work’s Economic Punch: Will a rise in teleworking hold down labor costs for companies? And on the flip side, how could this rise keep costs at bay for workers?