Navigating the Many Roles of Today's Corporate Citizenship Practitioner
December 4, 2019
12:45 – 1:00 pm Registration
1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Maybe you are new to the field, or maybe you find yourself wearing more hats than usual and/or being asked to expand your horizons to the broader CSR/ESG/sustainability realm. Either way, it’s time to take a step back and plan for what’s ahead.
Part I: Lay of the Land
Setting the stage for an interactive workshop, participants will come together with their peers to explore a framework through which to make sense of the many aspects of their cross-cutting roles.
1. Welcome & Workshop Overview
Introductions, agenda & workshop objectives
2. Citizenship, CSR, Community: What is My Job, Really?
Dive into the varied and expanding role of the corporate citizenship practitioner. Identify key internal stakeholders whose interests and support are critical to your success.
Part II: Key Issues
A combination of mini-presentations and panel discussions will delve into major and emerging issues citizenship practitioners face when wearing their various “hats.” Participants will hear directly from leaders representing various business stakeholder groups. Topics include:
3. Philanthropy: Finding Balance Between Strategic Focus and Community Needs
4. HR: Connecting Community Involvement to Recruitment, Development & Retention
5. Communications & Marketing: CSR/ESG Reporting and Authentic Leadership
Part III: Tools for My Job
From targeted benchmarking data to personalized action plans, participants will leave with tools to succeed in their unique roles, along with new peer relationships to carry forward.
6. Make the Case: Citizenship Trends & Benchmarks to Demonstrate Your Value to Stakeholders
Explore key trends and data that will help make the case for the value of your work to various internal audiences.
7. Peer Learning
Come together with your peers to brainstorm around common challenges and exchange solutions and tips.
8. Defining Your Role & Goals
Leveraging the framework presented in opening sessions, participants will reflect upon their unique role and develop practical action plans to carry the day’s learnings forward when they return to their desks.
Who Should Attend
This Program is Designed for Executives in:
- Corporate Philanthropy
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Corporate Citizenship
- Corporate Foundations
- Community Affairs and Community Relations
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
- Board Service
- Corporate Communications
- Public Relations
- Legal, Regulatory and Financial Advisory
- Cause Marketing
Reserve your seat today!
The Conference Board
845 Third Avenue (Between 51st and 52nd)
New York, NY 10022
Tel: (212) 339-0345