Labor shortages is one of the main trends impacting businesses in the US and many other countries. It is likely to remain a major challenge in the next decade. The Conference Board was one of the first organizations to identify the problem in 2014. Since then we accumulated a large amount of research, knowledge and contacts and generated strong visibility in the business community and media. In September 2019, The Conference Board will release a major report on the topic, in front of the paywall, which is likely to generate more visibility.
Join us for this pre-conference event, where our expert speakers and practitioners will describe the labor shortages problem, but focus on how companies are, or should be, dealing with it.
9:00 - 9:45 am
Introduction - Labor shortages in the US
9:45 - 10:30 am
Solutions to labor shortages - an overview from TCB member survey
10:45 - 11:30 am
Talent acquisition Solutions
11:30 am -12:30 pm
Perspective from the staffing industry
12:30 - 1:15 pm
1:15 - 2:00 pm
Expanding recruiting to non-typical demographics
2:00 - 2:45 pm
3:00 - 3:45 pm
3:45 - 4:30 pm
- Mary Lee Hannell, Chief Human Resource Officer, The Port Authority of NY & NJ
- Teresa Carroll, Executive Vice President, President - Global Talent Solutions, General Manager, Kelly Services, Inc.
- Tomya Watt, Vice President of Talent Acquisition, Memorial Sloan Kettering
- Jack Chen, Associate General Counsel, U.S. Immigration and Employment Policy, Microsoft Corporation
- Matt Sigelman, CEO, Burning Glass Technologies
- Bart van Ark, Chief Economist, The Conference Board
- Gad Levanon, Chief Economist, North America, The Conference Board
- Elizabeth Crofoot, Senior Economist, The Conference Board
- Robin Erickson, Principal Researcher, The Conference Board
Who Should Attend
This pre-conference event is designed especially for Heads, VPs, and Directors of:
- Talent Acquisition
- Workforce Planning
- Talent Management
- Employment Branding
- Data Analytics
Reserve your seat today!