Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights which help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
This prestigious forum, now marking its 70th year, brings together CFOs from leading companies to discuss the issues that affect them - from the current regulatory landscape to developments in labor, employment, and immigration. Other recent topics include:
- Implications from the US Election for global companies
- Work, workforce, and the workplace
- Scenario planning as the CFO
- Fiscal policy priorities
- The business impacts of geo-political challenges in 2020 and beyond
- Environment, Social and Governance: How does the CFO respond?
A cornerstone of the Council meetings is a members-only roundtable on business conditions which usually takes place after an economic update from the Chief Economist of The Conference Board. Meetings include member-led discussions and guest presentations by leaders in business, politics, and economics.
Earn up to 4.5 CPE credits per meeting
Prerequisites: Must be Chief Financial Officer of a Fortune 250 company. Requirements: Delivery Method: Program Level: Intermediate; Advanced Preparation: None.
- AT&T Inc.
- American Express Company
- BNSF Railway Company
- CVS Health
- Dell Inc.
- FedEx Corporation
- General Mills, Inc.
- Intel Corporation
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Koch Industries Inc.
- Kohl's Corporation
- Mars Incorporated
- McKinsey & Company, Inc.
- Medtronic, Inc.
- Performance Food Group
- Principal Financial Group
- Randstad North America
- Rite Aid Corporation
- S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc.
- Sherwin-Williams Company
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- The Dow Chemical Company
- The Procter & Gamble Company
- Waste Management Inc.
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
I find council meetings invaluable. Being able to talk to knowledgeable peers about common management issues is an extremely efficient process and opens up new viewpoints to ponder that might not otherwise be apparent.
William H. Hernandez
PPG Industries, Inc.
Through formal program elements, this council contributes to keeping me up to date on current developments relevant to CFO’s. It is a unique combination of first rate access and confidentiality.
David B. Rickard
CVS Caremark Corporation
Chief Financial Officer of Fortune 250 company and have responsibility for its financial management. Consultants and service companies are not eligible for membership. Membership is by invitation only.