If you are a modern day CIO you likely are responsible to make intelligent value / risk decisions regarding the torrent of new technology opportunities (such as cloud computing, Big Data and mobile computing). These are no doubt addressed technically by your CTO, but the buck stops at your desk with issues like obtaining IT budget approval from the business, aligning your IT strategic plan with that of the business or aligning the Cyber Security protection plan with the needs of business.
While many resources exist to help leaders to survive and even thrive in such an environment of rapid change, the CIO Council provides a confidential environment where senior executives can share business issues related to IT services and solutions with others who have been there--and will be there.
Some topics of discussion include:
- Overcoming cultural obstacles in a global IT organization
- Balancing increased effectiveness against increased efficiency when implementing cloud computing
- Creating change across a large organization when introducing new technology
- Managing expectations for IT transformation both upward and downward in the organization
- Aligning your sourcing operation/strategy with changing business priorities
- Managing the melding of employees and contractors in a complex IT resource provisioning market
- Cyber Security from the business’ point of view. (e.g., Should the CSO report to the CRO?)
OUR COUNCILS ARE...
Members drive the content, ensuring that their pressing issues are incorporated in discussions.
No vendors are eligible, ensuring an intimate environment conducive to candid peer exchange.
Access an exclusive invitation-only community of true peers who are at your level.
Members span industries and regions, allowing for a high-level discussion and a wealth of ideas on common challenges.
Meetings are held under the Chatham House Rule and group size is limited, ensuring meaningful interaction among members.
- Builders FirstSource, Inc.
- Ebsco Industries Inc.
- Graphic Packaging Corporation
- Graybar Electric Company, Inc.
- HDR, Inc.
- Intuit, Inc.
- Kaiser Aluminum Corporation
- Oliver Wyman Group
- Quest Diagnostics
- Republic National Distributing Company
- SIRIUS XM Radio
- San Diego Gas & Electric
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- University of Maryland Medical System
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources