Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights which help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
The world has changed tremendously since this Council’s inception in 1946, and so has the role of market research. Once focused primarily on gathering objective information on customers and the effectiveness of marketing programs, market insights teams are now expected to understand the external ecosystem in which their company operates, utilize advanced analytic techniques, identify insights that deliver competitive advantage, respond “instantly” to executive requests for external data, make recommendations that inspire action, interpret trends and even “predict” the future.
Recent council topics have included:
- New techniques (AI, Machine Learning, knowledge management systems, NLP, “Jobs-to-be Done”, customer journey mapping)
- Customer experience techniques and metrics
- Adaptations for agile
- Trends and foresight
- Influence, data visualization and storytelling
This Council is dedicated to advancing the contributions that members make to their organizations by providing new information and a “safe zone” to discuss new ideas and implications. It starts with understanding what each member needs from the council—and what they are willing to share. At meetings, content is delivered through member cases and panels, talks by outside experts and discussions. Between major meetings, we share newly published research, assist each other with timely and practical advice and benchmarking, and hold “pop up” meetings to dive deeper into a topic or cover an urgent issue.
- Adobe Systems, Inc.
- Bloomin' Brands
- Bose Corporation
- Brookfield Properties
- Circle K Stores, Inc.
- Deere & Company
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Florida Blue
- Herbalife International, Inc.
- Intel Corporation
- KB Home
- Marriott International, Inc.
- Mayo Clinic
- Multicare Health System
- Nestle Purina PetCare Company
- Organon & Co.
- Prudential Financial Inc.
- Salt River Project
- State Farm Insurance
- T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc.
- Taco Bell
- Walt Disney Company, The
- Wells Fargo & Company
- eBay Inc.
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources