Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights which help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
The role of the Chief Data Officer (CDO) is increasingly complex. He or she must ensure that executives have the best data to make informed decisions, enable marketing departments to develop customer insights via predictive analytics, and empower risk and compliance departments to protect the organization. Growing privacy pressures, cyber threats that put data at risk, and the adoption of cloud technology are all impacting how organizations protect and use data. The need for CDOs to work together to address these issues has never been greater. Some topics of discussion at this Council include:
- Governing data, analytics, big data environments, data monetization, and privacy
- Aligning your data strategy with your enterprise business strategy
- The application of artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques to governing and managing data
- Leading methods to monitor and manage data quality, and how to communicate results and impact to senior management
- How to enable change, promote adoption of standards and obtain stakeholder buy-in
- Finding the right talent to support a rapidly changing data management agenda
- Data function organizational models
- How to assess relative data management maturity across peers, and leading practices
- Best practices in metadata management
- 3M Company
- Deere & Company
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Industrial Commercial Bank of China Ltd. (New York Branch)
- MasterCard Worldwide, Inc.
- Rockwell Automation
- Texas Instruments, Inc
- TransUnion Corp.
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources