Members meet in person and virtually to focus on the most critical business challenges regarding human capital. Recent topics we have discussed include:
- The Chief HR Officer’s role with Boards of Directors
- Succession Planning – building leadership bench strength
- The shrinking labor market and workforce planning
- HR’s role in mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- HR transformation – pushing the boundaries
- Human Capital Analytics – tapping into big data to predict employment trends
This broad-spectrum council consists of members from many sectors and industries, large and small, who provide guidance by recommending and evaluating program topics of particular and general interest.
- AMN Healthcare Inc.
- Aerojet Rocketdyne
- Alight Solutions
- American Water Works Company, Inc
- Arvest Bank Group Inc.
- Belden Inc.
- California Resources Corporation
- Celanese Corporation
- Columbia University
- Department of Defense (HQ)
- Educational Testing Service
- HDR, Inc.
- JUUL Labs
- Johnson & Johnson
- Kaiser Aluminum Corporation
- Korn/Ferry International
- MVP Health Care
- Marmon Group, Inc.
- MedStar Health
- Microsoft Corporation
- Omaha Public Power District
- Oxbow Carbon LLC
- Riverbed Technology
- San Diego Gas & Electric
- Servco Pacific Inc.
- Shaw Industries
- Solvay America, Inc.
- Sterling National Bank
- TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation
- Univision Communications Inc.
- Valmont Industries, Inc.
- Vonage Holdings Corp.
- Worthington Industries, Inc.
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
Being elected to The Conference Board councils was the pinnacle of my career and my council relationship spans 12 years when I led large-scale talent initiatives for Wal-Mart, Limited Brands and General Parts/CARQUEST. These companies truly valued council membership because they wanted access to HR best-practices and an ability to place “real world” problems and opportunities on the table for peers to confidentially evaluate and provide sound recommendations for implementation.
My councils met once annually at The Conference Board’s headquarters in New York and with host companies across North America for the remaining two two meetings. Now that I have retired from the corporate world after 34 years, I’m proud that I can continue being a part of Conference Board as a Council Program Director.
John E. DiBenedetto, Ph.D., Former Council and Executive Committee Member