If you lead your company’s intellectual property function, you are likely responsible for protecting, managing and monetizing your company’s most valuable intangible assets in a rapidly changing global environment. Not only have the legal and policy backdrops to intellectual property management continued to morph globally, but increased cybersecurity risks and IP talent recruitment challenges may significantly impact your ability to accomplish your goals. No longer is leading the corporate IP function purely a legal function, and you value the opportunity to get up to speed on emerging opportunities and challenges across multiple disciplines as quickly as possible.
Membership will ultimately drive the Council’s agenda. Our initial agenda includes the following areas:
- Best practices in the development and management of global organizations of intellectual property lawyers
- Best practices in the creation, management and monetization of global portfolios
- Legal and non-legal risks and opportunities in the changing global environment that impact IP value
- Recent developments in licensing, challenging, and defending IP rights
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources