Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights which help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
This Council is a trusted group of peers who provide opportunity to consider a range of compensation and total rewards issues and the broader context. It allows peers to address a broad range of compensation/ TR topics and share insights on broad-based compensation programs, incentives and total rewards strategy. The wide range of complex topics covered at meetings include:
- Total rewards / compensation strategy, design, development, administration, governance and compliance / anticipating evolving needs of company
- COVID-19: On-going dialogue about issues and challenges
- Short-term and longer-term changes, special programs, job design, etc.
- Regulatory and business changes implications for TR strategies and plans
- Changing approach to work
- Appropriate pay for remote workers, tax issues, building and maintaining culture and connections
- Impact of remote work on compensation
- Equity valuation, changing grant practices and holding requirements
- Leveraging vendors for reporting and record-keeping
- Growing role of ESG and HCM metrics in compensation
- Balancing stakeholder interests in an incentive plan update review, improving metrics, use of discretion, goal-setting
- Pay equity strategies and approaches moving forward in global companies
- Changes in approaches to performance management and implications for compensation
Our candid and confidential conversations are augmented by member presentations, company case studies, and the wisdom of guest experts.
- American Express Company
- BNSF Railway Company
- Bayer Corporation
- CSC ServiceWorks
- CVS Health
- Cintas Corporation
- Deere & Company
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Intel Corporation
- Johnson & Johnson
- Mattel, Inc.
- McDonald's Corporation
- NVIDIA Corporation
- Newmont Goldcorp
- Qualcomm, Inc.
- Starbucks Corporation
- Synchrony Financial
- Walmart Stores, Inc.
- Western Union
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
The principal benefit of membership on a Conference Board Council is the opportunity to hear first-hand what your peers are doing at their companies. There's no other forum that I know of where you can get this kind of invaluable inside information. It also provides the opportunity to get a head start on tackling the challenges facing you by hearing how others who have faced the same challenges dealt with them.
Dr. Miles Meyer, Kellogg Company
Corporate Head of Total Rewards (or equivalent if structured differently) who has major policy-making responsibility for the company’s compensation programs and who works with the C-Suite on Compensation strategy and design. Company must satisfy requirements (including but not limited to, large, public organization) and will be viewed based on Council balance and competitor considerations at time of application. Membership is by invitation only.