The Council’s mission is to help the most senior leaders in the practice of corporate citizenship & community engagement across industries and regions. We will be looking at the business context for Corporate Citizenship & Philanthropy and want to foster an exchange on how to align community engagement, social impact and business strategy.
The group provides a confidential and vendor-free environment for candid peer-exchange of best practices, and solutions. The Agenda is fully member driven. The group meets 3 times per year, with events mainly hosted by members at their HQ across Europe.
7-8 October 2019, Brussels, Belgium. Hosted by The Conference Board
- AIRBUS GROUP
- Allen & Overy
- British Airways
- Deere & Company
- ING Group
- Morgan Stanley & Co. International
- Philips Electronics
- SAP SE
What Our Members Say
“Councils offer me a highly professional thought leadership exchange, and a wealth of access to resources, networks, and thought leadership. I appreciate the balance between engaging in strategic dialogue and experiencing relevant subject matter to advance my thinking. The topics are timely and include helpful real-life applications.”
Nicole Anderson, President AT&T Foundation
“The Research is very meaningful and you can see in our Council Agendas we are incorporating more and more a session where we want Conference Board researchers to share their findings with us. The research is timely, and the topics are very relevant. We also use it to see what is coming, and this is the beauty of The Conference Board, it's not just the way it enables this platform for us to exchange but also brings this outside-in information to look forward, what is coming, what are the trends, and from our learnings how we will face these trends together.”
Eugenia Ceballos Hunziker, Responsible Sourcing Manager, Group Sustainable Development, LafargeHolcim
“What I might tell a potential new member thinking about the CG Council is that it is an enriching professional experience and I believe it enables a company secretary or someone in a similar role to really improve the job they are doing within their company, and also enrich their own professional experience through the exchange with other professionals like themselves.”
Ben Mathews, Company Secretary, BP Co-Chair Corporate Governance Council
- Airbus United Arab Emirates
- Allen & Overy LLP
- British Airways plc
- Deere & Company
- Heathrow Airport Holdings Limited
- ING Group
- Morgan Stanley & Co. International Ltd.
- Novartis International AG
- Philips Healthcare
- SAP SE
- Sanofi Espoir Foundation
- Solvay S.A.
- TOTAL S.A.
Enduring relationships with trusted peers is the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the council value. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective topic selection and problem solving that puts your issues on the agenda
- Informal, real-time benchmarking of current approaches by member companies to the most challenging issues faced by product development
- Multi-industry insights and best practices from non-competitive peers via in-depth discussions
- Performance accelerating ideas for a key growth engine for your company
- Networking, reputation building and access within your peer community
- Trends in Corporate Citizenship
- Strategic Societal Engagement
- Changing expectations from Customers, Employees and other Stakeholders
- Navigating Activists and Regulators
- Social and Reputation Risk
- Employees as volunteers and advocates
- Pro-Bono expertise directed where it makes a significant impact
- Foundation versus Corporate Giving
- Measuring Social Impact
- ROI for the company