How do companies ensure they will have the right people in the right place at the right time and at the right cost to execute business strategy? Strategic Workforce Planning (SWP), in which The Conference Board is a global research leader, links talent management to business strategy, producing hard intelligence on workforce needs. Leaders who use SWP are able to: anticipate how changes in markets and technology will drive demand for talent, look beyond immediate needs and toward long-term priorities, and make informed strategic decisions with greater confidence.
The Council takes on the challenge of implementing and maturing SWP to maximize its benefit. The meeting focus is participatory, the emphasis on relevant insights that members can use to manage risks and leverage talent.
How our Meetings are run
The Strategic Workforce Planning Council Meetings are run co-jointly with the Members from the Human Capital Analytics Council
Companies & Members - Strategic Workforce Planning Council
- Deutsche Post DHL
- Ernst & Young International
- Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co KGaA
- Lloyds Banking Group HQ
- Solvay GmbH
- The Royal Bank of Scotland Group
- UCB SA
Enduring relationships with trusted peers is the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the council value. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective topic selection and problem solving that put your issues on the agenda Informal
- Real-time Benchmarking of current approaches by member companies to the most challenging issues faced by product development
- Multi-industry insights and best practices from non-competitive peers via in-depth discussions
- Performance accelerating ideas for a key growth engine for your company
- Networking, reputation building and access within your peer community
"Having attending numerous conferences and been part of several networks, The Conference Board councils is one of the most worthwhile experiences I have had. SWP is a new discipline with my company and the unique willingness by the council members to share - not only their success stories but also what they have learned from their mistakes - has helped kickstart our SWP journey."
A.P. Moller - Mærsk
- Total Workforce planning for Gig Economy and implications for Business and SWP
- How to make SWP methodologies engaging, agile and easy
- Current Workforce – what is the level of skills?
- Building Future Capabilities in Light of Automation, RPA Transformations
- Making connections to leverage SWP insights into action and evaluating impact
- Workforce Risk Management across Member Companies