If you are a modern day CIO you likely are responsible to make intelligent value / risk decisions regarding the torrent of new technology opportunities (such as cloud computing, Big Data and mobile computing). These are no doubt addressed technically by your CTO, but the buck stops at your desk with issues like obtaining IT budget approval from the business, aligning your IT strategic plan with that of the business or aligning the Cyber Security protection plan with the needs of business.
While many resources exist to help leaders to survive and even thrive in such an environment of rapid change, the CIO Council provides a confidential environment where senior executives can share business issues related to IT services and solutions with others who have been there--and will be there.
Some topics of discussion include:
- Overcoming cultural obstacles in a global IT organization
- Balancing increased effectiveness against increased efficiency when implementing cloud computing
- Creating change across a large organization when introducing new technology
- Managing expectations for IT transformation both upward and downward in the organization
- Aligning your sourcing operation/strategy with changing business priorities
- Managing the melding of employees and contractors in a complex IT resource provisioning market
- Cyber Security from the business’ point of view. (e.g., Should the CSO report to the CRO?)
Co-Program Director, CIO Business Council
Leader, Digital Transformation Institute &