As executive compensation professionals responsible for our companies' executive programs, we need to stay abreast of legal, financial and regulatory developments in the field as well as interests of shareholders, Board members, executives and other stakeholders. Our jobs require sharp analytical skills and the ability to consider and balance diverse opinions while designing, deploying and administering complex programs. We must also communicate in a way that not only addresses technical compliance, but also the concerns and interests of diverse stakeholders.
The following topics (and more) are discussed in Council meetings.:
- Global LTI challenges and practices
- Gender pay equity
- Executive compensation departmental organizational structure
- Best practices for BOD interface
- Performance management and impact on LTI plans
- Stock/RSU expansion
- Best practices in executive pay communications
- Executive pay governance and process challenges
- Peer assist sessions: members providing guidance and feedback on key topical issues and challenges
- Guest speakers from The Conference Board and other experts from external organizations
- Booz Allen Hamilton Inc.
- General Dynamics Corporation
- Johnson & Johnson
- Marriott International, Inc.
- Sempra Energy
- State Farm Insurance Companies
- Waste Management Inc.
- WestRock Company
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
Seasoned executive compensation practitioners who report directly to the senior executive compensation executive of the firm. Candidates are part of the senior executive compensation leadership team and are responsible for translating the enterprise strategy to an action plan, implementation and measurement of success. Membership is by invitation only.