Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights which help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
Global Corporate Citizenship professionals have long served as a bridge between the company and communities with one foot in the company and one foot in the community. Core issues such as education, economic opportunity, health and food access, and disaster response and mitigation are key components of many corporate responsibility portfolios. For many years, Corporate Citizenship professionals have worked hard internally to advance their work and attract the businesses focus and resources to accelerate social impact.
2020/21 presented unprecedented events including a global pandemic, an economic crisis, on top of challenges and issues we were already facing such as racial injustices. The Global Corporate Social Responsibility & Philanthropy Council provides essential resources for members to advance ideas and programs and bring together employees, the C-Suite, community and resources in new ways by navigating and shaping the new normal(s) through a focus on issues outside of the United States.
In our candid and confidential meetings, we hear from leading global experts and educate each other on the latest trends and identify key industry issues. We help members advance the practice of corporate citizenship and philanthropy worldwide by underscoring its value to corporations and multiple societies. Discussions include:
- How do corporate citizenship professionals take advantage of the unprecedented opportunity to help their companies develop and implement a broad strategy to address social problems and better support the communities they serve?
- How to manage Global CSR portfolios (make strategic pivots, stay the course, go to what is authentic) during social uncertainty/how to lead during uncertainty
- What is being accelerated? What is no longer relevant?
- ESG lens on what investors around the world are looking for now in light of COVID, civic unrest, etc.
- COVID-19 response (and crisis response in general) and how consumers respond to your brand, build brand loyalty
- How to achieve systemic change via corporate citizenship and philanthropy
- ESG/CSR measurement and reporting
- Value creation for both company and society
- Sustainable development goals
This Council includes corporate citizenship leaders focused on worldwide efforts from some of the best-known and best-run companies in the United States and around the world. Join your colleagues in leading the global corporate citizenship dialogue and action to new levels.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
- Avery Dennison
- Ball Corporation
- Cemex Central, S.A. de C.V.
- ExxonMobil Corporation
- FedEx Corporation
- Hyatt Hotels Corporation
- NCR Corporation
- Novelis Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
US and non-US-headquartered executives engaged in cross-border Global Corporate Social Responsibility and Philanthropy. Often meetings are held outside of the U.S. and as a result, members can be represented by an alternate. Membership is by invitation only.