Collaborative learning and knowledge transfer are more critical today than ever before. Rapid changes in the marketplace are requiring organizations to learn faster and accelerate the flow of knowledge and experience across their employees, partners, suppliers and customers.
Our mission is to advance the practice of collaborative knowledge sharing and transfer through perspectives on social and business processes, enabling technologies, and organizational culture. In particular, the Council focuses on:
- Informal learning, knowledge sharing and transfer across the entire value chain, enabled by the latest social collaboration and networking behaviors and tools and leading edge KM and collaboration practices
- Harvesting and transferring experience in the form of actionable insights, lessons learned, good practices through collaborative conversations and contextualized content
- The integration of people/culture, process and technology to enable the generation and effective transfer of collective knowledge supported by metrics, systems and structures
The Council is member-driven and biased toward practical application. We prompt and provoke our thinking through engagements with leading practitioners, and thought leaders from research and academia. We use proven knowledge transfer facilitation and inquiry methods – the very methods we apply in our work – to enhance our own conversations and ‘braintrust’.
Leadership & Executive Committee
- Program Director, Kent Greenes, is one of the pioneers in the field of KM and is globally-recognized for his leadership as head of knowledge management for both British Petroleum and SAIC.
- Ana Kreacic, Partner | Chief Knowledge Officer, Oliver Wyman
- Tom Barfield, Director of Social Learning & Knowledge Sharing, Accenture
- Paul Wypasek, Business Manager, Turner Knowledge Network, Turner Construction Company
- Amgen, Inc.
- Collins Aerospace
- Dell Technologies Inc.
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- IBM Corporation
- Johnson & Johnson
- NextEra Energy, Inc.
- Oliver Wyman Group
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc.
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
I really look forward to the meetings. In my opinion, nothing compares to sharing ideas, challenges, and successes with other company leaders in the space. It’s great to know that I have a whole network of practitioners to call upon along the journey…and they, in turn, have called upon me. It’s a wonderful partnership.
Carol Csanda, State Farm
Senior managers who have primary responsibility for driving business value and creating organizational capability through collaboration, social learning and/or internal knowledge management and services. Membership is by invitation only.