Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights which help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
Maximizing sales effectiveness overall is on the minds of corporate leaders on a regular basis. This Council is a safe venue for professionals to share best practices in navigating these complexities. We understand how successful compensation plans that motivate an engaged sales force can mean the difference between lethargic and dynamic revenue growth. Topics of discussion include:
- Managing the sometimes challenging and always dynamic relationships and needs of global sales leaders
- Understanding the intricacies of when changes to sales incentive plans are absolutely necessary vs. “good to have”, and how to navigate the various stakeholders to implement change
- Whether sales plans should be global, local, or somewhere in between, and the nuances of each approach
- Determining the appropriate pay mix at the individual level and whether the circumstances call for all individual-based compensation or if team efforts should be included
- Deciding how many measures are best and whether they should be MBO or quota-based
- Administration challenges and working through the labyrinth of outsourcing options, who has what responsibility, and ensuring global coordination and compliance
- When and how to get the CEO and CHRO engaged in sales incentive plan strategy and direction, and what metrics to use to get their attention and ensure sales plan outcomes are aligned with business results
- American Express Company
- Arrow Electronics
- Bank of America
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Facebook, Inc.
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Huntington Bancshares Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- LinkedIn Corporation
- Marriott Corporation
- Verizon Media
- Walt Disney Company, The
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources