As talent managers, our goal is for our companies to manage their talent assets as carefully as they manage their balance sheets. We set our own agendas, conduct surveys and do a variety of activities designed to maximize the sharing of best practices and exchange of ideas. We focus both on longer-term strategic issues as well as shorter-term more immediate issues of prime interest to our members. Members are the senior executive leading talent management strategy; they are positioned at Corporate HQ (home office) in a Center of Expertise. Core responsibilities include several of the following topics, all of which we discuss during meetings:
- Succession planning
- Executive Development for the “top 200”
- Executive assessments
- Talent reviews
- High potential development programs
- Developmental movement/mobility
- Employee engagement
- Executive recruiting/retention/rewards
- Strategic Workforce Planning
- Talent metrics/analytics and ROI
- Performance management
- Competency models
- American Water Works Company, Inc
- Amicus Therapeutics
- Cable One
- Envista Holdings Corporation
- FM Global
- GE Aviation
- Hubbell Inc.
- Marriott International
- New Balance Athletic Shoes
- Papa John's International, Inc.
- SC Johnson
- T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc.
- TE Connectivity
- Tennessee Valley Authority
- The Boeing Company
- Toll Brothers, Inc.
- West Monroe Partners
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
The Council offers a unique opportunity to have open, candid conversations with peers from numerous industries. I take home more gems from a single council meeting than I do from several conferences. More importantly, these gems have a person that I can call to explore the learning at a deeper level.