For the fifth year in a row, labor markets in the large majority of mature economies tightened in 2018. As a result, job openings are more difficult to fill and in some regions labor costs are accelerating, making 2019 a challenge for business operations.
Connect with our experts on this topic
Attend an in-person briefing, presented by the researcher
Watch a webcast, featuring Q&A with the researchers
Learn more about the researchers
More thought leadership on this topic
- Blue Collar Workers: No Longer Singing the Blues?
- Economics Watch®: July 2018
- Economics Watch®: March 2018: Bottleneck Ahead: Firms Facing Even Tighter Labor Markets
- Labor Pain: Worker shortages and rising wages
- Can Europe's Labor Market Be Fixed?
- Manufacturing: A Changing Industry and Workforce
- ESF Labor Markets Institute Webpage
- Blue-Collar Labor Shortages
- Economic Outlook 2019
- C-Suite Challenge 2019
- Labor Market Institutions Handbook
- Global Labor Market Outlook 2018
- Labor Shortages 2016
- Labor Shortages 2014