Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights which help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
Economy Watch: The Global Economy in 2021 - Divergences, Uncertainty & Risks
JANUARY 13, 2021
While The Conference Board expects a rebound in global economic growth in 2021, there are numerous risks still at play. Our short-term outlook is heavily dependent upon: the evolution of the pandemic, government policy to control outbreaks, continued monetary and fiscal policy supports and widespread availability of coronavirus treatments and vaccines.
Our new Chief Economist, Dana Peterson, will explore these risks and offer her thoughts about what awaits businesses in 2021.
By Attending this Webcast, Viewers Will Be Able to Answer the Following Questions:
- Will dramatic shock of the pandemic have a persistent impact?
- Will the recovery be tepid and uneven in 2021?
- Is postpandemic growth expected to undershoot the prepandemic pace?
- Are there upsides that may result in better-than-expected outcomes for the global economy?
- Are there sizable downside risks that loom over the outlook?
Who Should Attend?
Business executives looking to learn more about the global economic environment and key strategic issues.