Corporate transformation, new uses of technology, and the need for different capabilities in the internal audit function are among the challenges facing chief audit executives today. Greater data analysis capability within internal audit will continue to drive an improved internal control environment and greater efficiencies. In their key governance role to provide assurance on risks to boards and senior leadership, internal audit leaders must partner to a greater degree with other assurance functions, including health, safety, and environment (HSE), compliance, and risk management.
As an organisation that reaches across every business line, internal audit has the opportunity to propagate best practices. The Council provides audit professionals with a forum to develop successful responses to their highly visible role and to share best practices for implementing effective auditing procedures.
Companies & Members - Chief Audit Executives Council
- Cofra Holding AG
- De'Longhi S.p.A.
- Electrolux AB
- European Bank for Reconstruction & Development
- Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co KGaA
- Georg Fischer AG
- Heineken N.V.
- Husqvarna AB
- JT International S.A.
- McKinsey & Company, Inc.
- Norsk Hydro ASA
- Red Bull
- Rolex SA
- Scania AB
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Tetra Laval International
- Volvo Car Corporation
Enduring relationships with trusted peers is the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the council value. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective topic selection and problem solving that put your issues on the agenda Informal
- Real-time Benchmarking of current approaches by member companies to the most challenging issues faced by product development
- Multi-industry insights and best practices from non-competitive peers via in-depth discussions
- Performance accelerating ideas for a key growth engine for your company
- Networking, reputation building and access within your peer community
"Membership with The Conference Board gives me plenty of insights and benefits. Due to the small and intimate size of councils all members can speak freely and share confidential information from which very enlightening discussions evolve. I joined The Conference Board after recommendations from two council members and I feel honored to be part of the group ever since. The seniority of the members provides me with a great exchange and new views on topics that I have not yet considered or which I have only vaguely identified as challenges. I get to know new approaches in auditing or new areas that need to be audited which can be applied to my company. Takeaways are sometimes based on a very precise statement by a peer or can be derived from a speaker that is selected by the Council Director. For example, I was able to discuss my approach to the Internal Audit Risk Assessment and get reflections from other council members. I have also grown more confident in my position because the exchanges and discussions showed me different ways of coping with certain challenges."
- Thorsten Schittges, Head of Internal Audit, Georg Fisher
- Data analytics for internal audit
- How to match capabilities with audit needs, training and development, competency mapping
- Conversation with the Audit committee chair
- Aligning IA with strategy
- Auditing health and safety
- Innovative Communications Strategies for Internal Audit
- Robotics for internal audit
- What tools does IA use to organize?
- Methodologies to determine thresholds
- Root cause analysis of risks
- Justice inside the organization: do employees feel they are treated fairly
- Implement process mining into audits