Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights which help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
The chief financial officer (CFO) role continues to evolve beyond the three traditional pillars - reporting, liquidity and optimizing economic returns. Today’s CFO provides critical insight to the executive leadership team and the Board from strategic planning to enterprise risk. CFO’s lead large, diverse organizations and strategic initiatives such as digital transformation and data analytics. Given the complexity of the role, leveraging a network of peers from a wide range of sectors enables sharing of practices, ideas and methods
Our Council meetings are member driven and enable sharing of solutions and insights across a range of subjects including compliance, taxation, financial planning and analysis, M&A, capital allocation, resource planning, enterprise risk and potential regulatory changes.
Members can also receive CPE credits for participation.
Earn up to 8 CPE credits per meeting
Prerequisites: Must be a CFO of a company with annual sales of at least $1B. Requirements: Delivery Method: Program Level: Intermediate; Advanced Preparation: None.
- American Tire Distributors
- Andersen Corporation
- Belden Inc.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
- BlueLinx Holdings
- Builders FirstSource, Inc.
- Camping World
- Concho Resources
- GS1 US
- Graham Holdings
- HDR, Inc.
- Johns Manville
- Kaiser Aluminum Corporation
- Kohler Co.
- Martin Marietta Materials, Inc.
- Masonite International Corporation
- Messer North America
- NTT DATA, Inc.
- National Gypsum Company
- New York Power Authority
- OSI Group
- Organic Valley
- Oxbow Carbon LLC
- Penske Truck Leasing Company L.P.
- Primoris Services Corporation
- RES Americas Inc.
- RTI International
- Savers, Inc.
- Sensata Technologies
- Shaw Industries Group, Inc.
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- The Conference Board, Inc.
- Vertex, Inc.
- Vizient, Inc.
- West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
The individual must be the CFO of a company with annual sales of at least $3 billion and have responsibility for the company’s financial management. Public accounting firms are not eligible for membership. Membership is by invitation only.