Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights which help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
Corporate Citizenship professionals have long served as a bridge between the company and communities with one foot in the company and one foot in the community. Core issues such as education, economic opportunity, health and food access and disaster response and mitigation are key components of many corporate responsibility portfolios. For many years, Corporate Citizenship professionals have worked hard internally to advance their work and attract the businesses focus and resources to accelerate social impact.
2020/21 presented unprecedented events including a global pandemic, an economic crisis, on top of challenges and issues we were already facing such as racial injustices. This Council provides essential resources for members to advance ideas and programs and bring together employees, the C-Suite, community and resources in new ways by navigating and shaping the new normal(s).
In our candid and confidential meetings, we hear from leading experts and educate each other on the latest trends and identify key industry issues. We help members advance the practice of corporate citizenship and philanthropy by underscoring its value to corporations and society. Discussions include:
- How do corporate citizenship professionals take advantage of the unprecedented opportunity to help their companies develop and implement a broad strategy to address social problems and better support the communities they serve?
- How to manage CSR portfolios (make strategic pivots, stay the course, go to what is authentic) during social uncertainty/how to lead during uncertainty
- What is being accelerated? What is no longer relevant?
- ESG lens on what investors are looking for now in light of COVID, civic unrest, etc.
- COVID-19 response (and crisis response in general) and how consumers respond to your brand, build brand loyalty
- How to achieve systemic change via corporate citizenship and philanthropy
- ESG/CSR measurement and reporting
- Value creation for both company and society
- Sustainable development goals
This Council includes corporate citizenship leaders of Fortune 100 companies and representatives from some of the best-known and best-run companies in the United States and around the world. Join your colleagues in leading the corporate citizenship dialogue and action to new levels.
- Altria Client Services
- American Airlines, Inc.
- American Express
- American Honda North America
- Amgen, Inc.
- Bank of America
- Best Buy Co., Inc.
- Blue Shield of California
- Caterpillar Inc.
- Chevron Corporation
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Coca-Cola Company, The
- Con Edison
- Corteva Agriscience
- Deere & Company
- Deloitte Services LP
- Dominion Resources, Inc.
- Ecolab Inc.
- Entergy Corporation
- FedEx Corporation
- HCA Healthcare
- Henry Schein
- Home Depot Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- KPMG LLP
- Lincoln Financial Group
- Lowe's Companies, Inc.
- Medtronic Foundation
- Microsoft Corporation
- Morgan Stanley/Dean Witter
- New York Life Insurance Foundation
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company
- Prudential Financial Inc.
- Raytheon Company
- Rite Aid Corporation
- S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc.
- San Diego Gas & Electric
- Siemens Corporation
- Starbucks Corporation
- State Farm Insurance Companies
- T-Mobile USA Inc.
- T. Rowe Price Group, Inc.
- Thrivent Financial
- Toyota Motor North America
- UBS Investment Bank
- Under Armour, Inc.
- Walt Disney Company, The
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
The Contributions Council is unique in ensuring that members develop an engaged relationship with one another. That plus the trusting and confidential nature of our discussions allows us to share really valuable and meaningful information with one another. Even as a relatively new member, I have found this group to be consistently helpful and supportive of my ability to do my job well.
Wendy Ramage Hawkins, Intel Corporation