Global Horizons Virtual: Digital Payments: A New Era
OCTOBER 01, 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic has triggered a boom in digital payments globally. New players are competing with established financial institutions, and the efficiency and accessibility of digital wallets threatens to make conventional credit and debit cards obsolete.
The future of fiat money itself is in jeopardy due to the emergence of cryptocurrencies and blockchain. Yet, cybersecurity lags far behind the adoption of new digital tools.
By attending this webcast, viewers will be able to answer the following critical questions:
- How are digital payments platforms ensuring the security of online transactions?
- How will regional technological gaps affect the adoption of digital financial tools?
- Will central banks accelerate the rollout of state-backed cryptocurrencies to prevent private tokens such as bitcoin from threatening financial stability?
- How can digital payments help countries cope with the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What economic benefits can businesses derive from offering secure and seamless digital payment solutions?
Who Should Attend: Thought leaders, senior executives and principal policy makers responsible for strategy, ESG, security and defense, corporate & country risk, innovation, marketing & communications, government affairs, legal and finance, public policy and human capital