Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights which help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
This Council is exclusively for senior-most executive leaders of learning, talent development, and/or organizational development at their organizations. The Council engages in confidential and candid discussion about the current challenges, opportunities and trends members’ organizations face with respect to learning, talent development, and organizational effectiveness, conducts regular benchmarking, and develops trusted peer relationships. Council members’ core responsibilities include many of the following, which are discussed during meetings:
- Innovations in learning and talent development
- Emerging technologies for learning content development and delivery
- Talent management strategies closely aligned with learning and development, including succession planning, leadership development, and executive coaching
- Organizational capability and effectiveness, corporate culture and employer brand
- Appropriate metrics and methods for tracking the effectiveness of learning and development programs and their impact on productivity, engagement and retention
- 3M Company
- Ascension Health
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Central Intelligence Agency
- Colgate-Palmolive Company
- Corning Incorporated
- Cummins Inc.
- DTE Energy Company
- Eaton Corporation
- Ecolab Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- HSBC-North America
- KPMG LLP
- Leidos Holdings Inc.
- Liberty Mutual Group
- Mayo Clinic
- McKinsey & Company, Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Murphy USA, Inc.
- PepsiCo University
- Phillips 66 Company
- Shaw Industries Group Inc.
- T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc.
- The Walt Disney Company
- U.S. Department of the Navy
- United Parcel Service
- Visa Inc.
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
The Council has been valuable to me on many levels. I enjoy the camaraderie that’s developed among the council members...great colleagues willing to share their expertise both at meetings and outside. I’ve also enjoyed and benefited from the continued professional development. It’s nice to be a part of a group that has a commitment to continuous learning and the clout to be able to learn from the best.
Audrey Goodman, Medco Health Solutions
Senior-most executives responsible for their companies’ learning and development strategies. Members’ titles are typically VP or Director of Learning, Talent Development, or Organizational Effectiveness. Membership is by invitation only.