As front-line leaders in product/service development, we integrate and use market trends, user needs, technology, internal systems, investments & innovation methods in stages from market research through production and launch. We bump up against realities from having to take and finance parallel paths to solving a technical issue, working constructively on intellectual property with potential partners to management of a team with members reporting to different people. Improving our abilities to do this well is the goal of this council. Topics will include:
- NPD frameworks and how flexibility is addressed
- Investment balancing for existing, long and short term new products
- Product development leadership and the development project revenue metrics - using and influencing them
- Practices and roles that create new product development cultures
- Results-generating, practical suppliers and consultants used in product development
- Customer and market driven practices for local, emerging and global markets
The power of peer learning
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
What Happens at a Meeting?
- Presentations by members or external experts on topics selected by members
- Discussions on leading edge or “day to day” issues picked by and moderated by members
- Panels where 2-3 members share experiences on a topic
Council membership benefits
Collective topic selection and problem solving that put your issues on the agenda
Informal, Real-time Benchmarking of current approaches by member companies to the most challenging issues faced by product development
Multi-industry insights and best practices from non-competitive peers via in-depth discussions
Performance accelerating ideas for a key growth engine of your company
Networking, reputation building and access within your peer community
Who should join?
Mid-level to senior technical, marketing and business (project and program) leaders responsible for product or service development within a business unit, a division or group of divisions. The companies in which these leaders focus on product development are technology-driven, consumer packaged goods or service companies.