As front-line leaders in product/service development, we integrate and use market trends, user needs, technology, internal systems, investments & innovation methods in stages from market research through production and launch. We bump up against realities from having to take and finance parallel paths to solving a technical issue, working constructively on intellectual property with potential partners to management of a team with members reporting to different people. Improving our abilities to do this well is the goal of this council. Topics will include:
- NPD frameworks and how flexibility is addressed
- Investment balancing for existing, long and short term new products
- Product development leadership and the development project revenue metrics - using and influencing them
- Practices and roles that create new product development cultures
- Results-generating, practical suppliers and consultants used in product development
- Customer and market driven practices for local, emerging and global markets
- 3M Company
- Buckman International, Inc.
- Colgate-Palmolive Company
- Eastman Chemical Company
- FM Global
- Highmark Health
- Horton Inc
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Siemens Healthineers
- Target Corporation
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
Mid-level to senior technical, marketing and business (project and program) leaders responsible for product or service development within a business unit, a division or group of divisions. The companies in which these leaders focus on product development are technology-driven, consumer packaged goods or service companies. Membership is by invitation only.