As front-line leaders in product/service development, we integrate and use market trends, user needs, technology, internal systems, investments & innovation methods in stages from market research through production and launch. We bump up against realities from having to take and finance parallel paths to solving a technical issue, working constructively on intellectual property with potential partners to management of a team with members reporting to different people. Improving our abilities to do this well is the goal of this council. Topics will include:
- NPD frameworks and how flexibility is addressed
- Investment balancing for existing, long and short term new products
- Product development leadership and the development project revenue metrics - using and influencing them
- Practices and roles that create new product development cultures
- Results-generating, practical suppliers and consultants used in product development
- Customer and market driven practices for local, emerging and global markets
The purpose of the Product & Services Development Council is to enhance members' ability to gain and apply new insights, information, tools, approaches being tried and processes that address their product and service development and innovation challenges and opportunities.
OUR COUNCILS ARE...
Members drive the content, ensuring that their pressing issues are incorporated in discussions.
No vendors are eligible, ensuring an intimate environment conducive to candid peer exchange.
Access an exclusive invitation-only community of true peers who are at your level.
Members span industries and regions, allowing for a high-level discussion and a wealth of ideas on common challenges.
Meetings are held under the Chatham House Rule and group size is limited, ensuring meaningful interaction among members.
- 3M Company
- Buckman International, Inc.
- Colgate-Palmolive Company
- Cummins Inc.
- Eastman Chemical Company
- FM Global
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- MSA Safety
- Siemens Healthineers
- Target Corporation
- United Airlines, Inc.
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
Mid-level to senior technical, marketing and business (project and program) leaders responsible for product or service development within a business unit, a division or group of divisions. The companies in which these leaders focus on product development are technology-driven, consumer packaged goods or service companies. Membership is by invitation only.