This Council is exclusively for executive-level leaders of talent development, organizational development and learning for their member companies or firms. Members of the council are typically the most senior leaders of these functions within their organization. These roles typically interact with the CEO and other senior executives of their respective organizations. Titles of members are usually VP or Directors of Talent Development, Organizational Development (Effectiveness) and/or Learning. Their core responsibilities will include at least several of the following areas all of which we have discussed during our meetings:
- Business-based talent and leadership development
- Corporate Learning strategy and architecture
- Succession planning/talent reviews
- Organizational capability and effectiveness
- High potential and emerging leader development programs
- Executive assessments/development/coaching
- Employee engagement
- Talent metrics/analytics
- Corporate Cultures/Employer Brand
The Council operates as a confidential forum that addresses the current talent development, organizational development/effectiveness and learning challenges, opportunities and trends facing members’ companies/firms and the profession as a whole. The Council is characterized by regular benchmarking and trust-based peer relationships that enable confidential discussions to occur that result in short and long-term value to its members.
- 3M Company
- Anthem, Inc.
- BNSF Railway
- Bayer Corporation
- Comcast Cable Communications, LLC
- Defense Intelligence Agency
- FM Global
- FedEx Corporation
- Fidelity Personal Investing
- Fluor Corp
- General Mills, Inc.
- Hallmark Cards, Inc.
- Hess Corporation
- Kaiser Permanente Inc.
- Lincoln Financial Group
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- M&T Bank Corporation
- Marmon Holdings, Inc.
- Medtronic, Inc.
- Pioneer Natural Resources, Inc.
- Procter & Gamble
- Shaw Industries
- Sutter Health
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- U.S. Bancorp
- United Airlines, Inc.
- UnitedHealth Group, Inc.
- Valero Energy Corporation
- Vizient, Inc.
- Western Union Company
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
I have found this group to be the most valuable networking and resource guidance group of any that I have ever been involved with. It has proved to be a consistently powerful group for exchanging ideas and comparing leadership, learning and development strategies.
Dr. Michael A. Hopp, Lockheed Martin Corporation
The Council is the premiere group for learning executives. The executive level members, the quality of discussions and the wide range of relevant topics covered in the meetings are unmatched in any other learning networking group. A must join organization for all senior learning executives.
Tamar Elkeles, Ph.D. , Qualcomm, Inc.
Members & candidates must have a depth of knowledge in Learning, Training, Development or OD and shall be the senior most person responsible for leading the Learning & Development function in their firm. Membership is by invitation only.